Monday, October 5, 2015

Nostalgia - Part 4


Once you are in the flow, you start enjoying it and want more of it.

This is true in many situations. Sometimes there is hesitation to do things - even those that we enjoy the most. At such a phase we start doubting our own beliefs and abilities. It has happened to me on many occasion. I have realized long back that I enjoy writing. Nothing in particular. About anything that actually inspires me to write. But there are certain times when I don't feel like writing anything. When my friends - who know that I write, ask me why I haven't written anything for some time, I tell them that I don't feel like. In those days, i doubt whether I can really write. Whether I really have it me.

But it's just a phase. That too, I have realized. My wrong English is to be pardoned, though. One spark and I start again. And once I start it's like the waves in the ocean - no recess. Thoughts that have been logged in for a long time start flowing and fingers keep typing.

Words actually give meaning to emotions. That's why writers are sensitive. Because if you can't feel a thing, how can you write about it? A small piece from my old diary - I think this was a result of having tried to put my feelings into words.

No Title

Life seems to be a thorny bush 
I feel like I am struggling in heavy push 
Many things in my mind to say 
But I am so helpless today 
My head is full of helpless thoughts 
But no one about to soothe my heart. 
I keep praying to god - Please give me strength 
And I keep saying to my uneasy heart - 
Do Good 
Think good 
Hope for good. 
Life has a good purpose, 
So go deep into life and don't float on the surface.

0 comments:

Post a Comment