Sunday, March 1, 2015

Nostalgia - Part 2


This episode of the series is dedicated to one of the few special people in my life - my sister. This is her creation. I have decided to include this in my series because she will never do it on her own. If she ever decides to collect her thoughts and put them down some where safe, i will be sharing this rare article with her.

I remember, when i read this poem the first time, it was revelation to me that she could possibly be so emotional. Till that time i had never related my sister to the word emotions. I don't know what made her write this small piece at that time when she was so young. I have never asked her about it. The words to me, seem quite heavy for a small girl. May be she was hurt. May be an incident that may sound silly to her today. I can only keep guessing. But this is precious.


"Today"

Today is the day 
when my future slipped away 

Today is the day 
when i was left astray 

Today is the day 
when my enemies were gay 

Today is the day 
when i was stoned away 

Today is the day 
when my heart was stolen away

2 comments: